Easy Vegan Banana Muffins- a healthier take on banana muffins with the warm flavors of fall! Moist, light and perfect for on-the-go!
Fall baking is kicking off around here! I broke out the pumpkin pie spice for this recipe and the smell immediately put me in the mood for changing leaves and pumpkin patches. The pumpkin pie spice adds the perfect amount of warmth to these Banana Muffins. They’re moist and light and it’s hard to eat just one!
Instead of eggs, ground flaxseed is used. Flaxseed is my favorite egg substitute. When mixed with warm water, flaxseed develops a thick, sticky texture. It works incredibly well in pancakes, quick breads, brownies, muffins, cookies, and many other recipes.
Easy Vegan Banana Muffins
Mix the ground flaxseed with equal parts warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes. This flaxseed mixture will take the place of eggs in the recipe.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and soda, salt. Whisk together.
In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, apple sauce, vanilla extract and almond milk. Add the flaxseed mixture to the bowl.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing until just combined. Be sure not to over-mix. Fold in the mashed banana and chocolate chips.
You can either use liners or thoroughly grease the muffin tray. Take 1/3 cup of batter and scoop it into each tray.
Bake the muffins at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Be sure to let the muffins thoroughly cool before enjoying!
Vegan Banana Muffins
- 4 Tbsp Ground flaxseed
- 2 Very ripe bananas
- 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2/3 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Maple syrup
- 1/3 Cup Apple sauce
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use muffin liners or grease the muffin tray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed with 4 tablespoons of warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, the flour, cornstartch, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla and stir to combine. Add the flaxseed mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined. Add the mashed banana and chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin tray. Cook for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the muffins throughly cool before enjoying.
Looking for more easy Vegan Recipes?