Dragon Fruit Boats Easy Plant Based Breakfast- start your morning off right with these loaded dragon fruit bowls.Jump to Recipe
When it comes to breakfast, I’m all about fast and easy meals! Breakfast can be tough for anyone following a vegan/plant based diet because many of the usual breakfast foods (like eggs, and most bagels) are off-limits. Luckily, these Dragon Fruit Boats are here to fill the void!
The main ingredient in these boats is the coconut chia pudding, which can be made the night before. Chia seeds are chock full of important nutrients. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the “good” cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke.
These Dragon Fruit Boats are created by hallowing out a dragon fruit, scooping in the pudding and topping with your favorite fruit. They can be made in minutes, which makes them ideal for a healthy, vegan breakfast.
Dragon Fruit Boats Easy Plant Based Breakfast
6 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
Toppings- strawberries, blueberries, dragon fruit, kiwi, coconut flakes
Cut the Dragon Fruit in half lengthwise. Scoop the fruit out using a spoon or a melon baller (save some of the fruit to use as a topping and the rest can be saved for smoothies!).
Scoop the Coconut Chia Seed Pudding into the shells.
Scoop on your favorite toppings. I used strawberries, blueberries, dragon fruit, kiwi and coconut flakes.
Dig in and enjoy!
Dragon Fruit Boats -Easy Plant Based Breakfast
- 1 Dragonfruit
- 6 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 cup Reduced-fat coconut milk
- Toppings- strawberries, blueberries, dragon fruit, kiwi, coconut flakes
- Slice the dragon fruit in half lengthwise. Hollow out using a spoon or melon baller. Use some of the dragon fruit as a topping on the boats. Save the rest for smoothies.
- Combine the chia seeds and coconut milk in a small bowl. Stir together. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until firm.
- Scoop chia pudding into dragon fruit shells. Top with your favorite fruit.
Looking for more easy Vegan Recipes?
I love seeing your finished projects! If you enjoyed making these Dragon Fruit Bowls, or any of my other vegan recipes, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, just tag me @10IngredientVegan. Happy cooking!