Delicious Vegan Honeynut Squash Curry
Nutritious, flavorful and mild spiced. Made with roasted honey nut squash, chickpeas, and an array of Indian spices, this vegan curry is perfect for a cool autumn days.
- 2 honeynut squash or 1 small butternut squash (you'll need approximately 4 cups of chopped squash)
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk (you can use either reduced-fat or full-fat. Full-fat will give the curry a richer taste)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups, loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Chop the honey nut squash and remove the seeds. Arrange on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper, and bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden and tender.
In a large pan, heat 2-3 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the red onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and grated ginger and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
d the coconut milk, red curry paste and chickpeas and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then out the heat on low. Cover the curry and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add the freshly squeezed lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the baby spinach.