Vegan Apple Cake- 10 ingredients , 1 bowl and a whole lot of great taste!
It’s apple-picking season, so what better time to make apple desserts? This fall, instead of traditional apple pie, why not try this Vegan Apple Cake? Apples are the star of the show in this dish, lightly flavored with cinnamon and sugar.
This dish is amazing served with non-dairy vanilla ice cream or caramel sauce (recipe below).
Vegan Apple Cake
This apple cake is a total crowd-pleaser! I plan on bringing it to holiday dinners. It’s un-fussy, delicious and so easy to make! There are 10 ingredients and 1 bowl. So simple!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 pan.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
Add the coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla extract and stir until combined.
Fold in the diced apples.
Scoop mixture in the pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Remove from heat and let cool before serving.
Apple Pie Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baing soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until combined. The dough will seem dry, but that ok! The apple provide moisture as they bake.
- Stir in the diced apples.
- Scoop the mixture into the pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool before enjoying.
The Best Vegan Caramel Sauce is optional, but I totally recommend it! It’s sweet, sticky and it upgrades most desserts. It takes this cake to another level of deliciousness!
Looking for more Vegan Recipes?