Plant Based Breakfast Hash- a hearty and delicious way to start the day! Packed with nutrients and flavor!Jump to Recipe
This dish has quickly become my Sunday morning breakfast favorite. It’s filled with veggies, beans, and tofu that’s been seasoned to taste exactly like eggs (more on that below!). The recipe makes a generous portion so it’s ideal for leftovers. This has re-heats wonderfully, so I often make it the night before. In the morning, I just heat it up in the skillet.
Plant Based Breakfast Hash
Ingredients needed for this vegan potato hash:
15.5 oz can of Pinto Beans (drained & rinsed) (you can also substitute black beans)
1 medium zucchini (chopped)
1 red bell pepper chopped
4 cups gold potatoes peeled and cubed
5-6 asparagus stalks (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 small onion (diced)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 cups firm tofu (drained and cut into cubes)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon Kala Namak Black Salt (see note)
Kala Namak (also known as Himalayan black salt) is a wonderful spice I discovered recently that actually makes tofu taste like eggs! is the perfect flavor substitute for vegans who love the taste of eggs and is also a key source of iron and other minerals. Use Kala Namak for the ideal tofu scramble and a variety of other vegan dishes.
First, the potatoes are seasoned and placed on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Set the timer for 20 minutes. While the potatoes are cooking, combine the veggies, beans, and spices (except the tofu, Kala Namak salt, and turmeric) in a baking dish or large skillet.
The baking dish is placed in the oven, alongside the potatoes. It is cooked for an additional 15 minutes. While the potatoes, veggies, and beans are cooking, saute the tofu in a skillet with oil, turmeric, and Kala Namak.
Toss everything together and enjoy!
Plant Based Breakfast Hash
- 1 15.5 oz can Pinto Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 medium zucchini (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 cups gold potatoes peeled and cubed
- 5-6 asparagus stalks (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 cups firm tofu (drained and cut into cubes)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Kala Namak Black Salt (see note)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchemtn paper.
- Toss the potatoes with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Arrange on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. !
- Toss and put back into oven. In a separate baking dish, mix the veggies and spices (except for the tofu, turmeric and kala namak salt. Put the baking dish in the oven next to the potatoes and continue to bake both for 15 minutes.
- In a skillet on medium heat, combine the tofu with olive oil, tumeric and kala namak black salt. Cook for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until slightly browned. Stir the potatoes in with the vegetables, beans and tofu and enjoy!
Looking for Easy Vegan Recipes like this vegan breakfast hash?
I love seeing your finished recipes! If you enjoyed making this Plant Based Breakfast Hash or any of my other plant-based recipes, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, just tag me @10IngredientVegan. Happy cooking!