Grilled Peach and Corn Quinoa Salad with Sweet Basil Vinaigrette- a hearty and delicious dish that showcases the best of summer produce!
Ever since I got my new grill, I’ve been on an outdoor-cooking spree! Corn and zucchini are a few of my favorites to grill, and this time I added a new ingredient to the mix- peaches! Beautifully ripe peaches are plentiful at the local farm stands and I couldn’t resist buying some. They’re naturally delicous, but grilling them adds some new-level flavor! The tangy flavor of the Sweet Basil Vinegarette is the perfect finishing touch!
This dish is hearty enough to serve as a main course. It would also be great as a side dish at a BBQ. It comes together with minimal prepping and cook time.
Grilled Peach and Corn Quinoa Salad
Combine the dry quinoa with water in a saucepan and cook on high until it starts boiling. Reduce heat to low and cook until the water evaporates. Remove the quinoa from the heat and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
While the quinoa is cooking you can start grilling the corn, zucchini and peaches. Turn the grill to medium-high and let it heat up. The corn takes the longest to cook, so it goes on the grill first. Spray it with cooking oil and set it down on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes and then flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
The zucchini and peaches are sprayed with oil and cooked face-down for 5 minutes.
Grilled Peach and Corn Quinoa Salad with Sweet Basil Vinaigrette-
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Zucchini
- 2 Ears of corn
- 2 Ripe peaches
- 2 Small tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Pepitas
- 1 Handful Arugula
For the Sweet Basil Vingarette
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp Agave
- 1 Tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- Add 1 cup of dry quinoa and 2 cups of water to a saucepan. Cook on high until it starts boiling and then reduce to low heat. Simmer until all the water is evaporated. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Set the grill to medium-high heat. Shuck the corn and spray it with cooking oil. Cook for 10 minutes and flip. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.The peaches and zucchini take less time to cook. Cook the face down (sprayed with cooking oil) for 5 minutes on each side.
- Cut the grilled peaches and zucchini into sections. Hold the corn horizontal and cut in a downward motion to remove the kernals. Combine in a bowl with the quinoa, pepitas and cut tomatoes.
- To make the Sweet Basil Vinegarette: combine ingreients in a food processor or high-powered bleder.
- Toss the vinegarette with the quinoa mixture. Serve on a bed of arugula.
Once you’re finished grilling the veggies and fruit, cut the zucchini and peaches into sections. Hold the corn horizontally and cut in a downward motion to remove the kernels.
Toss the veggies, peaches and quinoa together along with the cut tomatoes and pepitas.
Combine the ingredients for the Sweet Basil Vinaigrette in a food processor or high-powered blender.
Toss the vinaigrette with the quinoa mixture and serve on a bed of arugula.